In the digital age, more and more businesses are at the mercy of the internet. Customer reviews can either benefit the business immensely or cause them undue stress. It’s impossible to please everyone, and mistakes are bound to happen. However, with this simple guide, your business can recover from a bad review and turn it around in time to maintain your good reputation within your community. Most importantly, protect your entire operation from front to back with a Coin-Op Advantage Insurance program.
- Pause before responding. It’s important to note that prospective and existing customers will see these reviews. While it might be challenging to see a negative comment about your business, take a minute to reflect and strategize a way to turn a bad situation into a good one. You might not be in the best frame of mind immediately after reading comments critical of you, your staff or your business, so take some time to calm yourself if needed. If you respond defensively or in anger, you could make matters worse, says American Coin-Op.
- Identify the root of the issue. The customer might have written a review in anger and frustration, so read between the lines. If their review is riddled with insults, take a moment to focus on the major issue at hand.
- Get a second opinion. Respond promptly so that you show the customer their concerns are valid. Have a manager read over your proposed response before sending to ensure it addresses their concerns, validates their opinion, and remedies the situation.
- Be courteous. A simple apology goes a long way from a business owner. If you made a mistake, apologize promptly. Oftentimes, this is all the customer wants. If they have further comments, you can provide a phone number to speak with him or her directly.
- Make improvements. The purpose of reading reviews is to understand what you’re doing correctly and what you can improve on. For example, if there was an error in one of your procedures, correct it. If there was a lack of customer service, conduct more training. Find the source of the issue and make strides to improve.
About Irving Weber Associates
At Irving Weber Associates, we have a unique understanding of the Laundromat business. Our specialty programs offer protection to financially secure your business in the best way possible to ensure your success. For more information, contact our experts today at (855) 764-7406.